The Association is currently inviting Academic Institutes (colleges and universities) to submit their documentation for accreditation and re-accreditation of their courses.
- Register as an Academic Affiliate and nominate a member of staff as the liaison person. You will receive a membership certificate upon approval of the affiliate application
- Send in the submission of intent for accreditation, accompanied by full supporting documentation including programme titles, programmes details, academic and quality procedures, research details
- A panel will review and feedback on the submitted documentation
- Any further supporting information will be requested for submission
- A site visit will be arranged to view resources and meet with members of the team and students
- Following the visit feedback will be provided and a proposed decision given
- Once accreditation has been awarded, a certificate issued. Accreditation is valid for 5 years, after this time a re-application will be required
- Upon confirmation, an entry of the accredited/recognised awards will be placed on the Association’s website with a link to the Academic Institutions website and the decision will be included within Building Engineer.
- Accreditation will include a maintained liaison and participation between the Academic Institution and the Chartered Association of Building Engineers.