Date, Time and Location
Date: Thursday 5th September 2019 Time: Tea & Coffee available from 09:00 Hrs. Course commences at 09:30 Hrs.
Download as vCalendar (for Microsoft Outlook etc.)
Structural design is a complex field and many professionals require a good appreciation of the considerations and implications on design in construction, but do not necessarily require a full detailed knowledge of structural design.
This one-day seminar will provide you with a basic knowledge of structural design and will provide practical information for those assessing schemes and visiting premises to enable potential structural issues to be identified and addressed. You will also learn how to make structural calculations including moments, loads and forces.
Please note that use of a calculator will be required for this course.
Who's it for?
- Building Control Professionals and Contractors wishing to gain a greater understanding of the issues
- Surveyors, designers and those who may be involved with domestic projects and wishing to gain a greater understanding of the issues
- Improved understanding of main issues
- The ability to be able to interpret guidance
- An appreciation of the practical solutions to common problems
- Shared experience
- Professional Development
How to Register and Pay
Registering for a CABE CPD training course is a simple process which you can complete online or via email:
- CABE Members – click on ‘Login to Book’ below to login to our website to book your CPD course. As you are a CABE Member, you will have already been provided with login details.
- Non-CABE Members – click on ‘Login to Book’ and do either of the following:
- If you have registered before, simply login to our website using your existing login details.
- If you have not registered before on our website, click on ‘Register to be part of us’.
Please note: A card payment is required for all online bookings.
Online booking will be unavailable after 29 August 2019. Please call us to book a place after this date.
If you’d like to pay for a course via purchase order, you need to email the CABE course contact below and ask for a booking form.
*please note this course is designed to offer an overview and appreciation of structural design. It does not qualify ant attendee to become a structural engineer.
Venue Details for CABE Headquarters, Northampton
Billing Brook Road
+44 (0)1604 404121
CABE Members £195 + VAT, Non Members £220 + VAT, 10% Training Affiliate Discount
Event Contact Information
Training and Events Team
Telephone: 01604 404121 Option 3