Date, Time and Location
Date: Tuesday 3rd to Wednesday 4th July 2018 Time: Tea & Coffee available from 09:30 Hrs. Course commences at 09:30 Hrs
Venue: CABE Headquarters, UK
Download as vCalendar (for Microsoft Outlook etc.)
The Party Wall Act 1996 is designed to provide a framework for agreements to be reached in relation to these works, so that all parties clearly understand the construction processes and what to do should something go wrong.
Run in conjunction with the Faculty of Party Wall Surveyors, this two day event aims to provide you with a basic knowledge of the Act, from legal, technical, dispute resolution and practical aspects. Successful completion of this course can lead to membership of the Faculty of Party Wall Surveyors.
- Background to the Act
- Owner's rights & obligations
- Excavations & Foundations
- Disputes & awards
- Party Structure Notice
- Rights of support
- The Surveyors role
- Appointing Surveyors
- Obtaining consent
- Making an award
- If things go wrong
- A review of case law
Who it's for?
- Surveyors, designers and those who may be involved with domestic projects and wishing to gain a greater understanding of the issues
- Those looking to offer effective advice in relation to the Act
- Improved understanding of legislation
- The ability to be able to interpret requirements and guidance
- An appreciation of the practical solutions to common problems
- Shared experience
- Professional Development
CPD 12 Hours
How to Register and Pay
Registering for a CABE CPD training course is a simple process which you can complete online or via email:
- CABE Members – click on ‘Login to Book’ below to login to our website to book your CPD course. As you are a CABE Member, you will have already been provided with login details.
- Non-CABE Members – click on ‘Login to Book’ and do either of the following:
- If you have registered before, simply login to our website using your existing login details.
- If you have not registered before on our website, click on ‘Register to be part of us’.
Please note: A card payment is required for all online bookings.
Online booking will be unavailable after 28 July 2018. Please call us to book a place after this date.
If you’d like to pay for a course via purchase order, you need to email the CABE course contact below and ask for a booking form.
To take advantage of our current 3 for 2 offer, please download a booking form to complete and return to us via email. Terms and conditions apply.
Venue Details for CABE Headquarters
Billing Brook Road
+44 (0)1604 404121
+44 (0)1604 784220
CABE Members £350 + VAT, Non Members £400 + VAT
Event Contact Information
Telephone: 01604 404121