Date, Time and Location
Date: Tuesday 14th to Wednesday 15th May 2019 Time: Tea & Coffee available from 09:30 Hrs. Course commences at 09:30 Hrs
Download as vCalendar (for Microsoft Outlook etc.)
The Party Wall Act 1996 is designed to provide a framework for agreements to be reached in relation to these works, so that all parties clearly understand the construction processes and what to do should something go wrong.
Run in conjunction with the Faculty of Party Wall Surveyors, this two-day event aims to provide you with a basic knowledge of the Act, from legal, technical, dispute resolution and practical aspects. Successful completion of this course can lead to membership of the Faculty of Party Wall Surveyors.
- History of the Act
- Reason for the Legislation
- Types of Party Walls
- Party Fence Walls
- Other Party Structures
- Line of Junction
- Party Structures
- Building Owner
- Types of Notice
- Counter Notices
Resolution of Dispute
- The Award
- Schedule of Condition
- Rights of Entry
Costs and Recovery
- Surveyors Fees
- Legal Actions
Who it's for?
- Surveyors, designers and those who may be involved with domestic projects and wishing to gain a greater understanding of the issues
- Those looking to offer effective advice in relation to the Act
- Improved understanding of legislation
- The ability to be able to interpret requirements and guidance
- An appreciation of the practical solutions to common problems
- Shared experience
- Professional Development
CPD 12 Hours
How to Register and Pay
Registering for a CABE CPD training course is a simple process which you can complete online or via email:
- CABE Members – click on ‘Login to Book’ below to login to our website to book your CPD course. As you are a CABE Member, you will have already been provided with login details.
- Non-CABE Members – click on ‘Login to Book’ and do either of the following:
- If you have registered before, simply login to our website using your existing login details.
- If you have not registered before on our website, click on ‘Register to be part of us’.
Please note: A card payment is required for all online bookings.
Online booking will be unavailable after 9 May 2019. Please call us to book a place after this date.
If you’d like to pay for a course via purchase order, you need to email the CABE course contact below and ask for a booking form.
Venue Details for CABE Headquarters, Northampton
Billing Brook Road
+44 (0)1604 404121
CABE Members £350 + VAT, Non Members £400 + VAT
Event Contact Information
Telephone: 01604 404121