Date, Time and Location
Date: Thursday 18th April 2019 Time: 19:00hrs Registration/Networking for 19:30hrs Start
Download as vCalendar (for Microsoft Outlook etc.)
Free Event for Members - Charges will apply* for Non Members
This seminar brought to you by Neil Marsden of Marsden Damp Services Ltd. focuses on the impact of condensation in homes and how effective ventilation is key to good air quality, including how the Homes (Fitness for Human Habitation) Act 2018 impacts on property landlords and surveying professionals.
The session will cover the following;
- An explanation of the meaning of, and the importance of, Relative Humidity in buildings
- The impact of condensation on a property
- The condensation problem – why almost all of us are getting it so wrong (and probably breaking the law)
- The part heating and insulation play in the condensation problem
- How to assess ventilation in a property
- The legal responsibilities of surveyors and landlords in the provision of ventilation (from Approved Document F)
- Explanation and demonstration of the relevant surveying equipment
- How the Homes (Fitness for Human Habitation) Act 2018 will affect you
Hot food will be available after the session.
Parking is free at the venue. Access the venue via The Northumbrian Suite (lower) entrance.
These events are run by members for the benefit of members and your obligatory 35 hour CPD requirement can be fulfilled by supporting these events. Non-members and other Professionals are also encouraged to attend.
*CABE Members: FREE
*Non-Members: £10.00 (payable on arrival)
Please use the 'Book Now' button below to book your place at the event, for any questions or queries regarding the event please use the contact details provided below.
Venue Details for The Lancastrian Conference & Banqueting Suite