Date, Time and Location
Date: Wednesday 20th February 2019 Time: Tea & Coffee available from 09:00 Hrs. Course commences at 09:30 Hrs
Download as vCalendar (for Microsoft Outlook etc.)
Many professionals are required to visit premises which may be considered ‘dangerous’, to assess the condition and determine the appropriate action to make the situation safe.
This one-day course explores the legislative background in relation to dangerous structures and considers the options for remedial measures.
By using real examples, you will examine the risks to individuals and the public, as well as discussing the factors to be considered when dealing with potentially dangerous buildings. You will also gain an understanding of the legal responsibilities placed on Local Authorities and the powers delegated to officers.
The demolition of premises requires a number of legal processes to be followed as well as numerous practical aspects to be considered. During the second half of this course you will also consider aspects such as planning permission and sale of premises, the Building Act and formal notifications, site work, CDM and asbestos removal.
CPD 6 Hours
Who's it for?
- Designers, Building Control Professionals and Contractors
- Those working as first responders
- Improved understanding of the legislation
- The ability to be able to interpret legislation and adopt a practical approach
- An appreciation of the practical solutions to common problems
- Shared experience
- Professional Development
Speaker: Ken Ewing
Ken is a Building Engineer with over 45 years’ professional experience in the building industry, mostly spent within Building Control and associated fields, and much of which has been spent working within Local Government, where he was a Chief Officer, before starting up his own Building and Access Consultancy.
He has worked with the CABE in a voluntary capacity, setting and marking examinations and interviewing applicants for membership for in excess of 35 years, and continues to offer advice to applicants and serve on interview panels.
Ken has been working as a consultant on behalf of the CABE for over ten years, providing training covering building construction, Building Control Legislation and ancillary matters, together with the Building Regulations and Approved Documents.
How to Register and Pay
Registering for a CABE CPD training course is a simple process which you can complete online or via email:
- CABE Members – click on ‘Login to Book’ below to login to our website to book your CPD course. As you are a CABE Member, you will have already been provided with login details.
- Non-CABE Members – click on ‘Login to Book’ and do either of the following:
- If you have registered before, simply login to our website using your existing login details.
- If you have not registered before on our website, click on ‘Register to be part of us’.
Please note: A card payment is required for all online bookings.
Online booking will be unavailable after 14 February 2019. Please call us to book a place after this date.
If you’d like to pay for a course via purchase order, you need to email the CABE course contact below and ask for a booking form.
Venue Details for CABE Headquarters, Northampton
Billing Brook Road
+44 (0)1604 404121
CABE Members £195 + VAT, Non Members £220 + VAT, 10% Training Affiliate Discount
Event Contact Information
Training and Events Team
Telephone: 01604 404121