Date, Time and Location
Date: Tuesday 19th June 2018 Time: Tea & Coffee from 09:00 Hrs. Course commences at 09:30 Hrs
Download as vCalendar (for Microsoft Outlook etc.)
This one day course looks at the requirements of Part M of the Building Regulations, together with associated statutory guidance and practical considerations relevant to assessing both existing and proposed buildings/environments. You will learn to apply basic skills to the assessment of premises in use and be able to examine the needs of users, with a view to providing an inclusive environment. You will consider the physical features of buildings and their surrounding environments, management procedures, and the delivery of services.
CPD 6 Hours
Who's it for?
- Building Control Professionals
- Improved understanding of legislation
- The ability to be able to interpret regulatory requirements and guidance
- An awareness of alternative solutions to compliance
- An appreciation of the practical solutions to common problems
- Shared experience
- Professional Development
Speaker: Ken Ewing
Ken is a Building Engineer with over 45 years’ professional experience in the building industry, mostly spent within Building Control and associated fields, and much of which has been spent working within Local Government, where he was a Chief Officer, before starting up his own Building and Access Consultancy.
He has worked with the CABE in a voluntary capacity, setting and marking examinations and interviewing applicants for membership for in excess of 35 years, and continues to offer advice to applicants and serve on interview panels.
Ken has been working as a consultant on behalf of the CABE for over ten years, providing training covering building construction, Building Control Legislation and ancillary matters, together with the Building Regulations and Approved Documents.
How to Register and Pay
Registering for a CABE CPD training course is a simple process which you can complete online or via email:
- CABE Members – click on ‘Login to Book’ below to login to our website to book your CPD course. As you are a CABE Member, you will have already been provided with login details.
- Non-CABE Members – click on ‘Login to Book’ and do either of the following:
- If you have registered before, simply login to our website using your existing login details.
- If you have not registered before on our website, click on ‘Register to be part of us’.
Please note: A card payment is required for all online bookings.
Online booking will be unavailable after 14 June 2018. Please call us to book a place after this date.
If you’d like to pay for a course via purchase order, you need to email the CABE course contact below and ask for a booking form.
CABE Members £195 + VAT, Non Members £220 + VAT, 10% Training Affiliate Discount
Event Contact Information