Date, Time and Location
Date: Thursday 30th August 2018 Time: Tea & Coffee from 09:00 Hrs. Course commences at 09:30 Hrs.
Venue: Warrington, United Kingdom
Download as vCalendar (for Microsoft Outlook etc.)
BS 5588-1 has been superseded by BS 9991 which was revised and published in December 2015.
This seminar provides an introduction to the principles on which BS 9991:2015 Fire Safety in the Design, Management and Use of Residential Buildings are based. This standard compliments BS 9999:2017 Code of practice for fire safety in the design, management and use of buildings, which excludes residential uses from its scope.
This code of practice reflects current thinking in specifying fire precautions for long term residential use buildings and provides greater flexibility for certain features that were previously commonly agreed using a fire engineered approach. This is typified by extended travel distances when additional features such as sprinklers, mist systems or HVAC systems are incorporated in the design. The fire resistance of the elements of structure can also be reduced if the ventilation conditions are favourable in the compartment.
CPD 6 Hours
Who's it for?
- Design Engineers
- Building Managers
- Fire Safety Professionals
- Building Control Officers
- Fire Safety Officers
- Fire Risk Assessors
- Position of BS 9991 in fire safety codes
- Underlying concepts
- Design of means of escape to BS 9991
- Improved understanding of the guidance
- The ability to be able to interpret regulatory requirements and guidance
- An awareness of alternative solutions to compliance
- An appreciation of the practical solutions to common problems
James joined BB7 as Head of Fire Safety Engineering and is responsible for the fire consultancy services within the Fire Engineering group.
He comes from a background of developing fire safety strategies for compliance with standard guidance and engineered solutions for non-standard designs, including means of escape, smoke and fire spread calculations and firefighting access provisions.
How to Register and Pay
Registering for a CABE CPD training course is a simple process which you can complete online or via email:
- CABE Members – click on ‘Login to Book’ below to login to our website to book your CPD course. As you are a CABE Member, you will have already been provided with login details.
- Non-CABE Members – click on ‘Login to Book’ and do either of the following:
- If you have registered before, simply login to our website using your existing login details.
- If you have not registered before on our website, click on ‘Register to be part of us’.
Please note: A card payment is required for all online bookings.
Online booking will be unavailable after 24 August 2018. Please call us to book a place after this date.
If you’d like to pay for a course via purchase order, you need to email the CABE course contact below and ask for a booking form.
Venue Details for Warrington
The Summit Meeting Room
The Breeze at Claremont House
CABE Members £195 + VAT, Non Members £220 + VAT, 10% Training Affiliate Discount
Event Contact Information
Telephone: 01604 404121