Date, Time and Location
Date: Friday 31st August 2018 Time: Tea & Coffee from 09:00 Hrs. Course commences at 09:30 Hrs.
Venue: Warrington, United Kingdom
Download as vCalendar (for Microsoft Outlook etc.)
This short course takes delegates through BS 9999, concentrating primarily on the use of the code in design of means of escape from fire. It includes a short practical exercise and comparison of results with traditional codes.
CPD 6 Hours
Who's it for?
- Designers, Building Control Professionals and Contractors wishing to gain a greater understanding of the issues
- Those looking to offer effective advice in relation to fire safety
- Those undertaking fire risk assessments
- Background to development of BS 9999
- Position of BS 9999 in fire safety codes
- Underlying concepts
- Design of means of escape to BS 9999
- Understand how BS 9999 relates to other fire safety codesDefine the risk profile for premises
- Understand the role of management in a BS 9999 solutionDetermine appropriate travel distances and exit widths
- Understand the approach to compartmentation and fire resistance of structure
- Awareness of firefighting access requirements
James joined BB7 as Head of Fire Safety Engineering and is responsible for the fire consultancy services within the Fire Engineering group.
He comes from a background of developing fire safety strategies for compliance with standard guidance and engineered solutions for non-standard designs, including means of escape, smoke and fire spread calculations and firefighting access provisions.
How to Register and Pay
Registering for a CABE CPD training course is a simple process which you can complete online or via email:
- CABE Members – click on ‘Login to Book’ below to login to our website to book your CPD course. As you are a CABE Member, you will have already been provided with login details.
- Non-CABE Members – click on ‘Login to Book’ and do either of the following:
- If you have registered before, simply login to our website using your existing login details.
- If you have not registered before on our website, click on ‘Register to be part of us’.
Please note: A card payment is required for all online bookings.
Online booking will be unavailable after 24 August 2018. Please call us to book a place after this date.
If you’d like to pay for a course via purchase order, you need to email the CABE course contact below and ask for a booking form.
Venue Details for Warrington
The Summit Meeting Room
The Breeze at Claremont House
CABE Members £195 + VAT, Non Members £220 + VAT, 10% Training Affiliate Discount
Event Contact Information
Telephone: 01604 404121