Date, Time and Location
Date: Friday 31st May 2019 Time: Tea & Coffee from 09:00 Hrs. Course commences at 09:30 Hrs.
Download as vCalendar (for Microsoft Outlook etc.)
This one-day course takes delegates through BS 9999, concentrating primarily on the use of the code in design of means of escape from fire. It includes a short practical exercise and comparison of results with traditional codes.
CPD 6 Hours
Who's it for?
- Designers, Building Control Professionals and Contractors wishing to gain a greater understanding of the issues
- Those looking to offer effective advice in relation to fire safety
- Those undertaking fire risk assessments
- Background to development of BS 9999
- Position of BS 9999 in fire safety codes
- Underlying concepts
- Design of means of escape to BS 9999
- Understand how BS 9999 relates to other fire safety codes
- Define the risk profile for premises
- Understand the role of management in a BS 9999 solution
- Determine appropriate travel distances and exit widths
- Understand the approach to compartmentation and fire resistance of structure
- Awareness of firefighting access requirements
James joined BB7 as Head of Fire Safety Engineering and is responsible for the fire consultancy services within the Fire Engineering group.
He comes from a background of developing fire safety strategies for compliance with standard guidance and engineered solutions for non-standard designs, including means of escape, smoke and fire spread calculations and firefighting access provisions.
How to Register and Pay
Registering for a CABE CPD training course is a simple process which you can complete online or via email:
- CABE Members – click on ‘Login to Book’ below to login to our website to book your CPD course. As you are a CABE Member, you will have already been provided with login details.
- Non-CABE Members – click on ‘Login to Book’ and do either of the following:
- If you have registered before, simply login to our website using your existing login details.
- If you have not registered before on our website, click on ‘Register to be part of us’.
Please note: A card payment is required for all online bookings.
Online booking will be unavailable after 29 May 2019. Please call us to book a place after this date.
If you’d like to pay for a course via purchase order, you need to email the CABE course contact below and ask for a booking form.
Venue Details for CABE Headquarters, Northampton
Billing Brook Road
+44 (0)1604 404121
CABE Members £195 + VAT, Non Members £220 + VAT, 10% Training Affiliate Discount
Event Contact Information
Training and Events Team
Telephone: 01604 404121 Option 4