Date, Time and Location
Date: Wednesday 24th May 2017 Time: Tea & Coffee available from 09:00 Hrs. Course commences at 09:30 Hrs.
Venue: CABE Headquarters, UK
Download as vCalendar (for Microsoft Outlook etc.)
Vulnerable groups of people will often need a higher level of care and consideration when designing buildings. It has been acknowledged that children are at particular risk in the event of a fire as their ‘life experience’ will not lead them to react in the same manner as adults. In addition children will need greater instruction and assistance in escaping from a fire.
Building Bulletin 100 has been developed to address the particular fire safety issues involved in designing a school and providing suitable provisions for means of escape for children.
One of the major causes of fire in schools is arson and for a number of reasons, deliberate fires started in numerous locations simultaneously, does not fit with our design assumptions in relation to fire. Discussions on the steps that can be taken in design and management to reduce the risk of arson will also be explored.
This one day seminar will look at the contents of the guidance on Fire Safety in Schools and you will gain an understanding of the practical implications on the design of educational premises. In addition to examining the physical performance of the building, the roles of passive and active fire safety measures, together with effective management will be considered.
CPD 6 Hours
Who's it for?
- Designers, Building Control Professionals and Contractors wishing to gain a greater understanding of the issues
- Those looking to offer effective advice in relation to fire safety
- Those undertaking fire risk assessments in schools
- Improved understanding of guidance
- The ability to be able to interpret regulatory requirements and guidance
- An awareness of alternative solutions to compliance
- An appreciation of the practical solutions to common problems
- Shared experience
- Professional Development
How to Register and Pay
Registering for a CABE CPD training course is a simple process which you can complete online or via email:
- CABE Members – click on ‘Login to Book’ below to login to our website to book your CPD course. As you are a CABE Member, you will have already been provided with login details.
- Non-CABE Members – click on ‘Login to Book’ and do either of the following:
- If you have registered before, simply login to our website using your existing login details.
- If you have not registered before on our website, click on ‘Register to be part of us’.
Please note: A card payment is required for all online bookings.
Online booking will be unavailable after 19 May 2017. Please call us to book a place after this date.
If you’d like to pay for a course via purchase order, you need to email the CABE course contact below and ask for a booking form.
Venue Details for CABE Headquarters
Billing Brook Road
+44 (0)1604 404121
+44 (0)1604 784220
CABE Members £125 + VAT, Non Members £175 + VAT, 10% Training Affiliate Discount
Event Contact Information
Telephone: 01604 404121
Fax: 01604 415729