Date, Time and Location
Date: Monday 3rd September 2018 Time: Tea & Coffee available from 09:00 Hrs. Course commences at 09:30 Hrs
Venue: Warrington, United Kingdom
Download as vCalendar (for Microsoft Outlook etc.)
This course examines and interprets the current Fire Legislation in the UK and explores its impact on employers and those in charge of premises. The implication of building regulations on fire precautions is examined.
CPD 6 Hours
- Legislative requirements for Fire Risk Assessment
- 9 Steps in Fire Risk Assessment
- Hazard and risk
- Use of guidance and application to non-compliant premises
- Scope and content of a Fire Risk Assessment
- Action Plans
- Documentation of significant findings
- Competence of Fire Risk Assessors
Who's it for?
This course is designed for delegates with at least a basis understanding of the principles of fire safety. It is suitable as an introduction to fire risk assessment for those not currently engaged in fire risk assessment, an insight for employers and building owners as to what to expect from a suitable and sufficient fire risk assessment and as an update of the revised PAS 79 for those already carrying out fire risk assessments .
- Understand legislative requirements for fire risk assessments
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the fire risk assessment process
- Understand the need for proportionality of fire precautions to risk
- Understand prioritisation if action plans
- Apply existing knowledge of fire safety to fire risk assessment
Steve joined BB7 as a senior fire safety consultant in the fire risk management team. Steve had previously been employed as a fire/health & safety consultant delivering fire/health & safety risk management and training to a wide array of industry sectors. Steve now manages the fire risk management discipline team for BB7 at the Rochester Office.
Before moving into the private sector, Steve spent 28 years with Kent Fire and Rescue service in an operational and fire safety capacity. Steve's last full-time post within Kent Fire and Rescue Service prior to 'retirement' was as the lead fire safety trainer for both fire safety and operational staff. This also included the role of enforcing officer dealing with fire safety issues and on some occasions the issue of Prohibition Notices.
Steve has lectured on fire risk management for the Fire Protection Association and the Fire Service College. As a Health & Safety trainer, Steve has delivered NEBOSH accredited courses in General Health & Safety, Construction Site Safety and Fire Safety Management. He is a registered Construction Industry Training Board (CITB) tutor and has undertaken teaching on SMSTS /SSSTS courses for both civilian and military clients.
How to Register and Pay
Registering for a CABE CPD training course is a simple process which you can complete online or via email:
- CABE Members – click on ‘Login to Book’ below to login to our website to book your CPD course. As you are a CABE Member, you will have already been provided with login details.
- Non-CABE Members – click on ‘Login to Book’ and do either of the following:
- If you have registered before, simply login to our website using your existing login details.
- If you have not registered before on our website, click on ‘Register to be part of us’.
Please note: A card payment is required for all online bookings.
Online booking will be unavailable after 29 August 2018. Please call us to book a place after this date.
If you’d like to pay for a course via purchase order, you need to email the CABE course contact below and ask for a booking form.
Venue Details for Warrington
The Summit Meeting Room
The Breeze at Claremont House
CABE Members £195 + VAT, Non Members £220 + VAT, 10% Training Affiliate Discount
Event Contact Information
Telephone: 01604 404121
Fax: 01604 415729