Date, Time and Location
Date: Thursday 7th June 2018 Time: Tea & Coffee available from 09:00 Hrs. Course commences at 09:30 Hrs.
Venue: CABE Headquarters, UK
Download as vCalendar (for Microsoft Outlook etc.)
The course provides an understanding of the requirements of Part B (B1-B5) of the England and Wales Building Regulations and the methods that can be employed to demonstrate compliance. While this will largely involve reference to Approved Document B, the use of alternative methods will be discussed. Recent changes to the Regulation & Approved Document will be highlighted.
CPD 6 Hours
Who's it for?
- Building Control Officers
- Building Services Engineers
- Fire Officers
- Project Managers
An understanding or Parts 1 to 5 of Approved Document B covering:
- Means of Warning and Escape
- Internal Fire Spread (Linings, Structure and Concealed Spaces)
- Protection of Openings and Fire Stopping
- External Fire Spread
- Fire Service - Access and Facilities
Dominic Way has extensive Fire Engineering experience having cut his teeth at two other Fire Engineering consultancies and worked on national and international projects prior to joining BB7.
Originally a mechanical engineer Dominic has transferred his skills to Fire Engineering. He specialised in smoke exhaust systems, CFD modelling and car park ventilation as well as possessing a detailed understanding of engineering codes.
Dom has a sound understanding of general fire safety design issues and the appropriate guidance documents.
How to Register and Pay
Registering for a CABE CPD training course is a simple process which you can complete online or via email:
- CABE Members – click on ‘Login to Book’ below to login to our website to book your CPD course. As you are a CABE Member, you will have already been provided with login details.
- Non-CABE Members – click on ‘Login to Book’ and do either of the following:
- If you have registered before, simply login to our website using your existing login details.
- If you have not registered before on our website, click on ‘Register to be part of us’.
Please note: A card payment is required for all online bookings.
Online booking will be unavailable after 01 June 2018. Please call us to book a place after this date.
If you’d like to pay for a course via purchase order, you need to email the CABE course contact below and ask for a booking form.
Venue Details for CABE Headquarters
Billing Brook Road
+44 (0)1604 404121
+44 (0)1604 784220
CABE Members £195 + VAT, Non Members £220 + VAT, 10% Training Affiliate Discount
Event Contact Information
Telephone: 01604 404121
Fax: 01604 415729