Date, Time and Location
Date: Wednesday 19th June 2019 Time: 17:30hrs Registration for a 18:00hrs Start
Download as vCalendar (for Microsoft Outlook etc.)
This CPD seminar, brought to you by Hambleside Danelaw Building Products, covers the use of GRP as a roof waterproofing membrane and specifically addresses the following;
- The development, composition and common uses of GRP in the roofing industry.
- A comparison between ‘wet lay’ GRP roof coverings and component based factory manufactured systems.
- Uses of GRP roofing in lieu of metal and other sheet products.
- Innovative specifications and applications Dealing with environmental matters, Health and Safety issues and assessing specific case studies, we review robust specification and design practices using GRP roof coverings.
Designed to suit Architects and specifiers who are interested in understanding the strengths and weaknesses of modern GRP flat roofing systems for residential, commercial, public sector and heritage applications.
RIBA, Core Curriculum Designing and building it: Design, construction, technology and engineering - general awareness.
- Gain an appreciation of the differences between ‘wet lay’ and component based GRP waterproofing systems.
- Understand the potential uses of GRP as a ‘flat’ or low-pitched roof covering.
- Understand the variety of applications possible with GRP waterproofing.
- Appreciate the benefits of GRP versus other products when considering design alternatives.
- To argue the reasons for detailed specification
- To clarify the significance of a meaningful manufacturer’s product guarantee.
- To emphasise the role of thorough product installation training.
- To broaden the attendee’s knowledge base of roofing systems in different situations.
For further details or to book your place on the event, please use the event contact listed below.
Venue Details for Rushmoor Borough Council, Farnborough