Date, Time and Location
Date: Thursday 22nd June 2017 Time: Tea & Coffee from 09:00 Hrs. Course commences at 09:30 Hrs
Venue: CABE Headquarters, UK
Download as vCalendar (for Microsoft Outlook etc.)
BS9999 introduces a slightly more advanced method of fire safety design than the simplistic approach developed in Part B of the Building Regulations.
The Standard allows for the basic principles of the design strategy to be examined and allows greater flexibility where additional fire safety features, such as sprinklers and automatic fire detection are proposed in situations where they would not otherwise be needed. This one day seminar will look at the development of a risk profile for the premises and its occupants as well as demonstrating how this can be used to determine the appropriate fire safety features.
You will understand the steps to be taken to ensure an appropriate provision for means of escape, structural fire precautions, firefighting and rescue operations. The implications of management practices and the factors which need to be considered to achieve a safe design will also be explored.
This standard is now required knowledge for all those who wish to remain competent in the field of fire safety design. Whether you regularly use BS9999 or not, the basic principles underpin even the most simplistic designs to Part B.
CPD 6 Hours
Who's it for?
- Designers, Building Control Professionals and Contractors wishing to gain a greater understanding of the issues
- Those looking to offer effective advice in relation to fire safety
- Those undertaking fire risk assessments
- Improved understanding of guidance
- The ability to be able to interpret regulatory requirements and guidance
- An awareness of alternative solutions to compliance
- An appreciation of the practical solutions to common problems
- Shared experience
- Professional Development
How to Register and Pay
Registering for a CABE CPD training course is a simple process which you can complete online or via email:
- CABE Members – click on ‘Login to Book’ below to login to our website to book your CPD course. As you are a CABE Member, you will have already been provided with login details.
- Non-CABE Members – click on ‘Login to Book’ and do either of the following:
- If you have registered before, simply login to our website using your existing login details.
- If you have not registered before on our website, click on ‘Register to be part of us’.
Please note: A card payment is required for all online bookings.
Online booking will be unavailable after 19 June 2017. Please call us to book a place after this date.
If you’d like to pay for a course via purchase order, you need to email the CABE course contact below and ask for a booking form.
Venue Details for CABE Headquarters
Billing Brook Road
+44 (0)1604 404121
+44 (0)1604 784220
CABE Members £125 + VAT, Non Members £175 + VAT, 10% Training Affiliate Discount
Event Contact Information
Telephone: 01604 404121
Fax: 01604 415729