Date, Time and Location
Date: Tuesday 24th April 2018 Time: Tea and Coffee available from 09:00 Hrs. Course commences at 09:30 Hrs.
Venue: CABE Headquarters, UK
Download as vCalendar (for Microsoft Outlook etc.)
This one-day seminar will explore the Building Regulations, information required during the design and construction process, and what happens when works don’t proceed to plan. You will gain an understanding of enforcement options and processes and possible consequences of non-compliance. Additionally you will gain an understanding of the legislation and the obligations placed on organisations and individuals and will consider associated issues such as dangerous structures, demolitions and ancillary legislation.
You will also learn about the systems of Building Control, including the roles of the professionals involved, and the advantages and disadvantages of options will be explored.
This seminar can be taken as a stand-alone course or forms part of the Certificate in Building Control. To gain the certification you must complete both Weeks One and Two.
CPD 6 Hours
Who's it for?
- New entrants to Building Control
- Designers, Building Control Professionals and contractors
- Improved understanding of legislation
- The ability to be able to interpret regulatory requirements and guidance
- An awareness of alternative solutions to compliance
- An appreciation of the practical solutions to common problems
Speaker: Ken Ewing
Ken is a Building Engineer with over 45 years’ professional experience in the building industry, mostly spent within Building Control and associated fields, and much of which has been spent working within Local Government, where he was a Chief Officer, before starting up his own Building and Access Consultancy.
He has worked with the CABE in a voluntary capacity, setting and marking examinations and interviewing applicants for membership for in excess of 35 years, and continues to offer advice to applicants and serve on interview panels.
Ken has been working as a consultant on behalf of the CABE for over ten years, providing training covering building construction, Building Control Legislation and ancillary matters, together with the Building Regulations and Approved Documents.
How to Register and Pay
Registering for a CABE CPD training course is a simple process which you can complete online or via email:
- CABE Members – click on ‘Login to Book’ below to login to our website to book your CPD course. As you are a CABE Member, you will have already been provided with login details.
- Non-CABE Members – click on ‘Login to Book’ and do either of the following:
- If you have registered before, simply login to our website using your existing login details.
- If you have not registered before on our website, click on ‘Register to be part of us’.
Please note: A card payment is required for all online bookings.
Online booking will be unavailable after 20 April 2018. Please call us to book a place after this date.
If you’d like to pay for a course via purchase order, you need to email the CABE course contact below and ask for a booking form.
Venue Details for CABE Headquarters
Billing Brook Road
+44 (0)1604 404121
+44 (0)1604 784220
CABE Members £195 + VAT, Non Members £220 + VAT, 10% Training Affiliate Discount
Event Contact Information