Date, Time and Location
Date: Thursday 28th February 2019 Time: Tea & Coffee available from 09:00 Hrs. Course commences at 09:30 Hrs.
Download as vCalendar (for Microsoft Outlook etc.)
This day will look at the minimum standards set by parts F, G, & L of the Building Regulations in relation to ventilation strategies and, water efficiency, sanitary provision, and energy conservation. The course will also examine in detail the guidance given in the Approved Documents and the calculations required to demonstrate compliance. It will also consider secondary guidance such as the ventilation compliance guides and possible alternatives given in British Standards.
This seminar will also feature the new Building Regulation Part Q, R and Space Standards. As you may be aware, from October of 2015 a new minimum standard of security for domestic premises was introduced as Part Q of the Building Regulations. By learning about this standard, you will be introduced to the measures to protect against burglary by focusing on the construction of windows and doors.
Although now technically a Building Regulation there is an optional National Housing Standard relating to minimum space in dwellings. You will gain an understanding of minimum overall dwelling sizes, minimum bedroom sizes, provision for storage and minimum headrooms.
In a further widening of the scope of regulations beyond health and safety, Part R relates to the ability of premises to receive high speed internet connections and you will receive full guidance on this new regulation.
This seminar can be taken as a stand-alone course or forms part of the Certificate in Building Control. To gain the certification you must complete both Weeks One and Two.
CPD 6 Hours
Who's it for?
- New entrants to Building Control
- Designers, Building Control Professionals and contractors
- Improved understanding of legislation
- The ability to be able to interpret regulatory requirements and guidance
- An awareness of alternative solutions to compliance
- An appreciation of the practical solutions to common problems
How to Register and Pay
Registering for a CABE CPD training course is a simple process which you can complete online or via email:
- CABE Members – click on ‘Login to Book’ below to login to our website to book your CPD course. As you are a CABE Member, you will have already been provided with login details.
- Non-CABE Members – click on ‘Login to Book’ and do either of the following:
- If you have registered before, simply login to our website using your existing login details.
- If you have not registered before on our website, click on ‘Register to be part of us’.
Please note: A card payment is required for all online bookings.
Online booking will be unavailable after 22 February 2019. Please call us to book a place after this date.
If you’d like to pay for a course via purchase order, you need to email the CABE course contact below and ask for a booking form.
Venue Details for CABE Headquarters, Northampton
Billing Brook Road
+44 (0)1604 404121
CABE Members £195 + VAT, Non Members £220 + VAT, 10% Training Affiliate Discount
Event Contact Information
Telephone: 01604 404121