Date, Time and Location
Date: Tuesday 25th June 2019 Time: 18:00hrs Registration, Networking, Hot Food & Drinks / 18:45hrs Start
Venue: Holiday Inn, Mold
Download as vCalendar (for Microsoft Outlook etc.)
This CPD seminar provided by Mr John C Brooks FCIOB MCABEng from CINTEC International Ltd will cover the subject of structural repairs and conservation, topics will include:
- Stabilisation and repair of heritage structures / listed buildings: crack stitching, lateral restraint, consolidation of walls
- Stabilisation of retaining walls and sea defences, harbours, flood mitigation measures, micro-piling.
- High rise repairs and maintenance, increasing lifecycle, protection against effects of gas explosion, increasing load capacity of understrength concrete floors / hollow pot floors / external cladding retrofit and securing.
- High load fixings for structural steelwork to masonry – rail electrification fixings, signal gantries
- Masonry arch bridge strengthening / parapet wall strengthening (including TFL – London Underground)
- Provision of anchors to create lintels in masonry walls to permit new openings to be formed
- Trimming of openings in composite walls and floors prior to opening up works (IE For lifts and staircases)
- General bridge repairs.
Good access & free parking is available at the venue.
Registration, Networking and Hot Food available from 6pm.
The presentaion will start at 6:45pm for around 1 hour.
These events are run by members for the benefit of members and your obligatory 35 hour CPD requirement can be fulfilled by supporting these events. Non-members and other Professionals are also encouraged to attend.