Date, Time and Location
Date: Monday 11th June 2018 Time: Tea & Coffee available from 09:00 Hrs. Course commences at 09:30 Hrs.
Download as vCalendar (for Microsoft Outlook etc.)
This one day course aims to provide an understanding of the recommendations of Technical Guidance Document B (TGDB) (Fire Safety).
TGDB has been in redraft for some time. In 2017 the Department of Housing, Planning and Local Government released TGDB Vol. 2 - Dwelling Houses with the release of what will be Vol. 1 of TGDB still pending.
The course will provide attendees with an understanding of:
- The changes in TGDB Vol. 2
- The upcoming changes in Vol. 1
- TGDB Section B1 - Means of Escape in Case of Fire
- TGDB Section B2 - Internal Fire Spread (Linings)
- TGDB Section B3 - Internal Fire Spread (Structure)
- TGDB Section B4 - External Fire Spread
- TGDB Section B5 - Access & Facilities for the Fire Service.
CPD 6 Hours
Who's it for?
- Designers, Building Control Professionals and Contractors wishing to gain a greater understanding
- Those looking to offer effective advice in relation to fire safety
- Those undertaking fire risk assessments.
- Improved understanding of the Technical Guidance Document B - Fire Safety
- The ability to be able to interpret regulatory requirements and guidance
- An awareness of alternative solutions to compliance
- An appreciation of the practical solutions to common problems
- Shared experience
- Professional Development.
William joined BB7 to lead our business in Ireland and currently runs the Dublin Office.
He has a total of 15 years’ experience which has been earned managing fire related projects in Ireland, the UK, Mainland Europe and the Middle East.
These projects vary from small to large and from schools to stadiums and airports. He is a chartered engineer through the Institution of Fire Engineers and Engineers Ireland and is a branch council member and the membership secretary of the Republic of Ireland Branch of the IFE.
William holds an MSc in Fire Engineering which he completed on a part-time basis over a 3-year period in the University of Ulster following an earlier BSc also in fire engineering.
William enjoys speaking at conferences and is a visiting lecturer at Trinity College Dublin and the University of Ulster.
How to Register and Pay
Registering for a CABE CPD training course is a simple process which you can complete online or via email:
- CABE Members – click on ‘Login to Book’ below to login to our website to book your CPD course. As you are a CABE Member, you will have already been provided with login details.
- Non-CABE Members – click on ‘Login to Book’ and do either of the following:
- If you have registered before, simply login to our website using your existing login details.
- If you have not registered before on our website, click on ‘Register to be part of us’.
Please note: A card payment is required for all online bookings.
Online booking will be unavailable after 06 June 2018. Please call us to book a place after this date.
If you’d like to pay for a course via purchase order, you need to email the CABE course contact below and ask for a booking form.
Venue Details for Dublin
The Brickhouse Block
1 Clanwilliam Court
Lower Dublin 2
CABE Members £195 + VAT, Non Members £220 + VAT, 10% Training Affiliate Discount
Event Contact Information
Telephone: 01604 404121
Fax: 01604 415729