Becoming a Chartered Environmentalist is an excellent way of recognising virtuosity in environmental management and sustainability, and embraces a wide range of disciplines.
The designation benefits all concerned with the environment:
- The Public, who can be confident in the knowledge and competence of an environmental practitioner
- Practitioners by identification as a professionally qualified environmentalist that puts them at the forefront of their profession
- Employers, with confirmation of the professional ability and competence of employees and candidates
- Governments and governmental bodies seeking to appoint advisers or consultants will be assured of an individual's competence
- Professional bodies, who will be able to benchmark the qualification for membership purposes
- Higher Education, in setting and monitoring benchmarks for environmental courses, and promoting study programmes
- Regulatory Bodies, who could be confident in specifying the CEnv designation in Acts of Parliament and regulations
- Legal creditability, enabling expert witness participation at a defined standard
- Professional standing, recognising the quality of excellence across a wide range of environmental disciplines.