Student membership recognises that an individual has chosen to pursue a career in construction, and is actively involved in a course of study whilst acquiring practical experience within the industry. This grade is only open to those who have not yet achieved a qualification that would allow entry to a higher grade of membership
Students do not receive a certificate and have no designatory letters; however, they may:
- join the Association at an early stage in their career
- participate in the services and activities of the Association at regional and national level
- access to our extensive range of development and qualification courses at discounted rates
- access to Building Engineer Journal online – a highly respected monthly industry publication
- receive regular e-newsletters
- progress to a higher grade of membership without an application fee
Criteria for Entry
- be engaged in a course of study leading to a qualification within the built environment.
Any student who obtains a level 3 qualification could be eligible to upgrade to Technician and those achieving higher level qualifications may be eligible for Graduate or Associate levels of membership. The usual application fee is waived for all existing CABE student members.
Meet Nikolay Kosherov!
Nikolay is a Student Member of CABE
Q: What attracted you to become registered as a Student Member of the CABE?
A: I have been attracted from the opportunities that CABE provides to students to learn. Also, I have been impressed by and really like the CABE vision, which is ‘Developing Professionals, Sharing Knowledge, Raising Standards’.
Q: What advice would you give to someone thinking about studying building engineering?
A: This course provides professionals with the skills and knowledge that are necessary to develop their careers and meantime it is great fun. My advice for future students would be to make the most of the degree itself including networking events, getting more knowledge outside the classroom and definitely getting a placement in the field.