Chartered Membership recognises an individual’s competence, being a combination of an academic qualification and practical experience, which enables the individual to practice as a Chartered Building Engineer. Chartered membership signifies the attainment of a full professional qualification.
Chartered members are entitled to use the designation 'Chartered Building Engineer' and the designatory letters MCABE. In addition, Chartered members in private practice, subject to design authorisation, are entitled to incorporate the Association's logo on their professional notepaper and display material.
- Gives you recognition and credibility for your knowledge/skills and differentiates you from non-chartered members amongst employers and industry colleagues
- The qualification demonstrates you are able to practice at the highest standard when commissioning work and, as a result, Chartered members could have a higher number of business opportunities
- Potential for increased earnings
- Gives you access to a range of networking opportunities and training through our regional networks
- Gives you access to increased earnings and promotion opportunities
The Association offers a number of routes for a candidate to demonstrate that they meet the key competencies of a Chartered Building Engineer.
Any Chartered Member who obtains a higher qualification or who has held a position of senior responsibility for no less than five years could be eligible to upgrade to Chartered Fellow grade.
The membership team can be contacted on 01604 404121 or email email@example.com for a free consultation to discuss the application route that most suits you.