Elmhurst Energy has announced it is working with the Chartered Association of Building Engineers (CABE) to deliver an ‘Introduction to Construction’ course for those members wishing to become Building Engineers and also those working as an energy assessor who want to improve on their knowledge of the construction process and planning.
The one-day course has been designed to meet the needs of new entrants to the industry who wish to gain or improve their understanding of some of the basic concepts of building construction, building services and the process of building a new property including planning permission and Building Control. The course may also help refresh knowledge for existing energy assessors or other professionals.
“The course provides a greater understanding of construction and how this fits in with the rest of the construction process,” explains Martyn Reed, Managing Director of Elmhurst Energy. “Successful completion of the course will also enable delegates to qualify for CABE Technician Membership, with the subscription for the first year included in the course fee. The course will also qualify for five hours of CPD.”
Working together over the last two years, CABE has recognised the high standards to which Elmhurst Energy assessors operate, the support that they are given and the controls that are placed on the quality of work, by offering Elmhurst Energy’s accredited energy assessors a route to Technician Membership. Membership of CABE will give Elmhurst Energy members;
- Access to up-to-date information and news
- Improved professional recognition and standing in the construction industry by association with the prestigious Chartered status
- Networking opportunities with other construction professionals, some of which will be energy experts themselves but others who may need your services
- Extensive business and information resources
- A wide range of face-to-face and on-line CPD
- A monthly members journal.
For more details on Elmhurst Energy please visit www.elmhurstenergy.co.uk.