This year the Northern Powerhouse Conference will be taking place on the 30th June 2016 at DLA Piper UK LLP, Princes Exchange, Princes Square, Leeds, LS1 4BY.
A blueprint for how £13 billion of government investment will help create the Northern Powerhouse was unveiled in September, £600m was added in the following Autumn Statement and a further £200m in the last Budget. But is this enough to turn the concept which the Chancellor George Osborne first proposed in June 2014, into reality?
Tom Riordan, Chief Executive of Leeds City Council, says the region cannot wait. ‘The Northern Powerhouse needs very clear substance in the next few months.’
And how well prepared is the North itself?
The purpose of this conference will be to look at the Northern Powerhouse project and focus particularly on what the North is doing and should be doing to justify this investment.
CABE are partnering with City & Financial Global for this event. For 20% discount please see below for details.
We know that we can revitalise the economy of the north. But we have to get this right, and we have to be in it for the long-haul… - Lord O’Neil, Commercial Secretary, HM Treasury
The agenda will cover:
• The Government’s viewpoint
• What are we doing to get the North ready?
• Turning northern cities into ‘positive magnets’
• Business dynamism in the North
• Investing in the North – An outsider’s perspective
• Exploring innovative ways to finance growth
• Creating the transport infrastructure.
Confirmed speakers include:
Judith Blake, Leader, Leeds City Council
Tom Riordan, Chief Executive, Leeds City Council
• Philip Adam, Managing Director, Infrastructure, Energy & Export Finance, Global, HSBC
• Liz Barber, Group Director of Finance and Regulation, Kelda Group(Yorkshire Water)
• Martin Bartlam, Partner, DLA Piper LLP
• Gary Bartlett, Chief Officer, Highways and Transportation, Leeds City Council
• Adam Beaumont, CEO and Founder, AQL
• Susan Evans, Director, Connected Communities and Devolved Regions, Alstom Transport
• Paul Fenwick, Construction Director, Mersey Gateway Crossings Board
• Alastair Gordon, CEO, Keolis
• Chris Hearld, Northern Chairman and Senior Partner, KPMG LLP
• Tobyn Hughes, Managing Director, Transport Operations, North East Region Combined Authority
• Phil Jones, President and Chief Executive, Northern Power Grid
• Jen Keogh, Chair, Leeds Millennial Forum
• Jin Xu, Minister Counsellor, Chinese Embassy
• Sir Nigel Knowles, Global Co-Chair, DLA Piper and Chair,
• Sheffield Local Enterprise Partnership•Hans Möller, Innovation Director, North East Local Enterprise Partnership
• Alison Munro, Managing Director, Development, HS2 Ltd
• Daniel Murray, Director of Strategy & Tech, Leeds List
• Mike Old, Global Head of Real Estate, Jefferies
• Allison Page, Partner, DLA Piper LLP (Chair)
• Dan Sheahan, Managing Director, North of England, Investec
• Rob Smith, Partner, DLA Piper LLP
• Paul Stanworth, Managing Director, Legal & General Capital
• Ben Still, Managing Director, West Yorkshire Combined Authority
• John Turton, Director, KPMG LLP
• Garry Wilson, Founding Partner, Endless LLP.
Find out more and book at: www.cityandfinancialconferences.com/northernpowerhouse
For 20% Discount, use code 'NINF2CABE' at the submit payment stage or email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1932 340115, mentioning the code in either instance.