On 30 November 2018, CABE Macau Chapter were invited to give a talk at a seminar organised by Macau Fund Foundation, Macau Management Association, Bank of China, Macau and the CABE Macau Chapter.
The event was from 2:30pm to 6:00pm and there were around 250 delegates in attendance. Delegates were mainly from government sectors, universities and big organisations (e.g. MGM, Macau, Wynn Macau etc). Mr Danny Chan, Chairman of CABE Macau Chapter, was invited as one of the speakers for this seminar to deliver his presentation “Facilities Management in Macau: Preparation for an Emergency”.
This thought-provoking presentation covered the following questions:
1) What are the major emergency crisis that could happened in Macau ?
2) How the Macau government would react?
3) What are the recommended MEP requirements for building design in Macau?
4) How, as a Building Engineer, should react in an emergency?
5) How, as a Building Engineer, do you plan for an emergency?
6) How can we contribute to ideas for an emergency preparedness programme?
7) After a crisis happens what should Building Engineer’s do to follow up?