How to Enter
- Read the awards criteria on the CABE awards for each category and decide which category aligns with the project/individual that you would like to nominate.
- Read the awards guidance notes and awards criteria prior to completing submission form. Any application that does not meet the criteria and is not accompanied by the submission form will not be considered by the Association’s Awards Panel.
- Complete the submission form, remembering to complete the box which confirms the category for which you are nominating.
- Ensure that, in the details provided on the form, reference is made to the award criteria; this should demonstrate to the judges why your submission should receive an award.
- Written submissions, including details provided on the application form, should be extensive enough to demonstrate that criteria are met, but concise enough to enable assessment of the submission in a reasonable time frame. It may be assumed that those assessing applications will have a detailed technical knowledge of Building Engineering in all its facets.
- List the assessment criteria headings and evidence under each how the project meets each one.
- Entries may include photographs, videos, site plans and architectural drawings in commonly used formats (pdf, jpeg and wmp preferred).
- All entries must be submitted to CABE Headquarters and should include one hard copy and three electronic versions by the closing date 21 May 2018.
- Should you wish to make a nomination for more than one category, a submission form needs to be completed for each category.
- All submissions should be made by 21 May 2018.
Specific Entry Considerations
- All submissions must be able to demonstrate the involvement of a member of the Chartered Association of Building Engineers.
- Submissions must be related to projects/initiatives that were undertaken during 2017.
- The CABE reserve the right to use winning and highly commended projects, and the details contained there in to promote future Association’s Awards.
- The Association will engage in PR activity to promote the Association’s Awards, and name any awards made, on a local, national and international level.
- The CABE may request that additional photographs and video footage are captured for promotional purposes.
- Submissions will not be returned.
- The judges will be members of the Association’s Awards Panel.
- The judges will consider each submission against the category criteria.
- The final decision will be made by the Association’s Awards Panel and their decision is final.
- The Awards Panel reserves the right not to give an award in a particular category.
- The Awards Panel reserves the right to refuse entries without giving justification.
- Information discussed between the judges and the Awards Panel will remain confidential.
Winners will be announced at the Awards Dinner which may be held in conjunction with other CABE events. All shortlisted nominations will be invited to book a table at any awards dinner.