History

CABE CrestOur History

  • 1925 - Formation of Incorporated Association of Architects and Surveyors
  • 1926 - First issue of Parthenon, the Association’s journal, published
  • 1927 - The first regional branch, Liverpool and Cheshire, was established
  • 1931-38 - Sir Edwin Lutyens was President
  • 1939 - 75 Eaton Place, London became HQ
  • 1951 - Association introduces entrance examinations
  • 1956 - Parthenon journal renamed to Architect & Surveyor
  • 1962 - First Annual Conference
  • 1977 - HQ moved to Northampton
  • 1993 - Name changed to Association of Building Engineers (ABE)
  • 1993 - Architect & Surveyor journal is renamed to Building Engineer
  • 1999 - The first ABE Outstanding Service Award was presented to Jim Cunningham
  • 1999 - Association approved as an assessment centre to offer qualifications
  • 2000 - HQ renamed Lutyens House to celebrate our 75th anniversary
  • 2004 - Degrees offered
  • 2007 - ABE Enterprises Ltd formed
  • 2008 - Institute of Maintenance and Building Management (IMBM) merged with the ABE
  • 2009 - New regional structure formed
  • 2010 - Association celebrates its 85th year
  • 2011 - Became Professional Affiliate of the Engineering Council
  • 2013 - Royal Charter is granted by Her Majesty The Queen
  • 2014 - Chartered Association of Building Engineers is formed (1st January)

Related documents

  1. Logo History 276kb  |  PDF