Dr Gavin Dunn BSc (Hons), MSc, PhD, FCABE, Chartered Building Engineer
Originally trained as an Architect, Gavin initially practised in North America with a large engineering consultancy before returning to the UK to specialise in the energy and environmental performance of buildings. He continued to advance this agenda through positions at the Welsh School of Architecture and Elmhurst Energy where he held the role of Group Operations Director responsible for providing specialised building energy software, training, Dr. Gavin Dunn, CEO certification and consultancy services to the UK property, house building and construction sectors. He then took up the role of Executive Director at BRE where he was responsible for the global operation and strategic development of organisation’s Building Performance business.
Gavin’s role will see him develop the position at CABE by raising the profile of the Association, with a view to increasing its influence with industry and Government in order to have an impact on policy and standards. He will also be responsible for promoting the unique role its members have in creating better buildings and safer and healthier communities to improve the environment and economy and further its international reach.
Gavin will maintain his positions on the Building Regulations Advisory Committee (BRAC) for the UK Government and the European board of GRESB, a Dutch company that assesses the ESG performance of real estate assets and investments worldwide.
Tony Ginda BA (Hons) FCMI
Membership Development Director
Tony has over 18 years working within the private and not for profit sectors and is a graduate in marketing. He joined CABE in 2016 and has experience of acquisition, retention and engagement strategies within membership organisations. To assist with shaping the future of the built environment Tony also sits on the Construction Industry Council Membership Panel and the Diversity Panel. He also encourages representation though members on the 2050 panel that engages with young people.
As a Fellow of the Chartered Management Institute he has a wealth of management experience and leads the Membership Team based at HQ. He has direct responsibility for all areas within membership.
Sarah Sivyer, MCMI
Membership Services Director
A member of the Chartered Management Institute, with a background in administration and project management, Sarah joined the Association following several successful years of running her own business, as the liaison between the then newly established UK regions and headquarters. Following her achievements and progression within the CABE since joining in 2010, Sarah was appointed as Regional Development Director on the 1st January 2017.
The role looks to continue the development of support offered to CABE’s regional committees and in particular regional officers in order to ensure that service provision to members is maintained and enhanced via our excellent network of volunteers. This is a model is now being replicated in our International Chapters as we look to further engage with our members overseas.
Sarah’s key responsibilities are:
- Development of the UK Regions and International Chapters including: Regular CPD Provision, regional committee meetings & AGM’s, design & delivery of the regional officer training & induction days, establishing new centres of excellence, networking, membership engagement & retention
- Management of Regional & Chapter Conferences and large events such as buildeng/designeng
- Development of the Academic Affiliate scheme and the University Accreditation Programme
- Development of the Student Awards Programme, linking these to the regional network
- Development of the Training Affiliate scheme and the CPD Accreditation Programme
- Management of the annual CABE Subscription Renewal Programme
- Collaborative working with a number organisations in respect of memorandums of understanding, jointly run events & conferences and developing our local relationships between them, HQ and our regions.